Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Posted by: Roela
Time: 6:04 PM
Comments: 0
Ilocos2012
Yesterday, I came home from my one week stay in Ilocos. I went there to get a life – that is a break from anime, books and the internet which I drown myself with during summer vacation. You might be thinking that I went sight-seeing there or perhaps visit historical places since Ilocos is pretty much historical to a sense. But no, I stayed in my Tita’s house in Batac, Ilocos Norte (somewhere near Laoag) with my cousins and no, I didn’t bond with them because like me, they prefer to be in front of the computer all day. I guess it runs in the blood.


After days of killing boredom by actually watching television which I rarely do, I decided to come with my Tita when she visited the resort/farm – I don’t even know what to call it- that they were developing. (Hence, the pictures above) There were pineapples, papayas, dragon fruits planted there. It was located in the mountains so even though the sun was painful to the skin, I was able to enjoy the fresh air. I had to take a dense and arduous path, but it was worth it. At least I was able to take a break from pollution.

(There are no pictures of me because I am an ugly fuck and there are not much pictures because my camera’s battery decided to die during that trip)

I spent another few days of boredom and then went last Monday. Though before I left, my cousins and I went out to give me a tour around Batac. They asked me if I wanted to visit the Marcos’ house and see the late president’s "preserved" body but since I’ve been there before, I declined. I would have agreed if his corpse was walking around or something like that. So, we went to this “Riverside Empanadahan” for me to taste Batac’s empanada. I was actually laughing because I only noticed the “river” when we were leaving the place since the river was dry. The empanada was great.

(I wasn’t able to take more pictures because my cam’s charger was not compatible to the outlets in their house and I forgot to bring an adapter. OTL. )

Labels: ,